Sunday, November 20, 2011

Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011)

I was very excited when I saw that the theme for this month Aspiring Bakers is Cupcakes hosted by Min of Min's Blog from Happy Home Baking ! New in having this blog, and having been very 'into' cupcakes recently, I decided to submit an entry too! *very excited me*

The base recipe I used is same recipe I used in the previous entry. The only difference is the favours I mixed in, e.g. desiccated coconut, almond flakes, jam, nutella. Lazy me is greedy for many different favours to satisfy everyone and this recipe is very welcoming of the extra twist I threw in. It's really fuss free!



Various favours of cuppies waiting to be bake (jam, almond flakes)


New kid on the block: Ah Boi Coconut Cuppy


Recipe (adopted from an old recipe from Planta Margarine passed down from my mum):

8 1/2 oz Planta (i used butter)


5 eggs


7 1/2 oz sugar


9 oz plain flour + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (sifted)




Method

1. Cream Planta for 5 mins


2. Add sugar and cream for another 10 mins


3. Add one egg at a time


4. Fold in the flour mixture till well mix


5. Scope to individual paper cupcake till 3/4 full

For cupcakes - 325 F for 20 to 25mins


** for nutella, jam, peanut butter, drop half-teaspoon on the cupcake mixture in the paper cuppies and fold in with a toothpick. Or for surprises, can drop the favours in the middle of the mixture


** for coconut favour, fixed some cupcake mixture with a generous amount of desiccated and bake accordingly.


As the recipe was from ages ago and also good enough as a butter cake, I like to call them Old-Fashion Butter Cupcake (w a modern twist) and submit to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011). (hope it get accepted as my first entry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment